Actual wire length for each sensor is 5 feet (longer lengths available).
Final appearance of Verdmo Pro and dashboard may change from images above.
Soil Moisture/Salinity/Temp Sensor
Shipping Spring 2021
Basic Subscription: Access to online dashboard, ongoing updates, 1 year warranty
Pro Subscription: Basic + advanced dashboard features, free battery replacements, lifetime express warranty
*subscription will not be charged until your Verdmo Pro is activated
A subscription is required for Verdmo Pro to work. The LoRa gateway is only required for your first order. More info below.
Verdmo Pro is the next generation of soil moisture sensing providing professional sensors at a price that is within reach. Featuring highly accurate sensors (moisture/salinity/temperature), long range connectivity (up to 1 mile (1.6kms), multi-year battery life and built to industrial standards (IP68 waterproof), Verdmo Pro will take away the guess work and provide the data you need. Configurable with up to 5 sensors, a choice of batteries, and a subscription to fit your needs, Verdmo Pro is exactly what you need to monitor your soil better.
More information available below and on verdmopro.com
- Add Multiple Sensors - Add up to 5 separate sensors to your Verdmo Pro order. Monitor different locations or soil depths with one unit. (Each sensor comes with 5 feet of wire length, extensions are available here.)
- Three Sensors in One - Get soil moisture (VWC%), salinity (bulk EC) and temperature readings all in one sensor.
- Accurate Results - Get highly accurate results each and every time. Every sensor is calibrated to provide the data you require.
- Long Range Connection - LoRa connectivity ensures that you can place your Verdmo Pro where you want without connection anxiety.
- Built to Last - Verdmo Pro is built to IP68 standards and using industrial components ensuring that it will last for years to come.
- Powerful Dashboard - The dashboard allows you easy access to your data, the ability to review it in depth, and adjust it to meet your needs.
Final appearance of Verdmo Pro dashboard may differ from image above.
|Battery Life||Up to 1 year||Up to 2 years with Standard Replaceable, ongoing recharging with Solar|
|Soil Moisture||Yes (medium accuracy)||Yes (high accuracy)|
|Soil Temperature||No (ground level temperature)||Yes (at sensor depth)|
|Waterproof||No (water resistant)||Yes|
|Connection Range||Up to 100 feet||LoRa up to 1mile (1.6kms). Longer ranges possible in rural locations.|
|Number of Sensors||1||Up to 5|
- A subscription is required to use Verdmo Pro. Without a subscription your Verdmo Pro will not work.
- A subscription is required for each Verdmo Pro ordered. Ordering up to 5 sensors with one Verdmo Pro is included with one subscription.
- Your subscription provides you with ongoing access to a private Verdmo Pro dashboard that allows you access to all of your data. It will continue to be updated with new features and options overtime. You will continue to have access as long as your subscription is up to date.
- The Basic Subscription provides you with on going access to your Verdmo Pro data, on going updates to the dashboard, and the standard warranty.
- The Professional Subscription provides you with everything in the Basic Subscription but you also get advanced features on the dashboard, free battery replacements, and lifetime express warranty replacements for your Verdmo Pro if required.
|Basic Subscription||Pro Subscription|
|Dashboard||Standard dashboard access||Access to advanced features on dashboard|
|Battery Replacements||Available to purchase||Included (as long as subscription is up to date)|
|Warranty||Standard 1 year warranty||Ongoing express warranty as long as subscription up to date|
- In order to use Verdmo Pro you need a Verdmo LoRa Gateway. This is a one time purchase for all Verdmo Pro's within range.
- The range of Verdmo Pro is up to 1mile (1.6kms), however it can be longer in rural locations.
- One LoRa Gateway will connect to all of your Verdmo Pro's, you do not need to buy one for future purchases.
- Verdmo Pro will connect automatically to your Verdmo Pro LoRa Gateway
- The Verdmo Pro LoRa Gateway connects to your internet router and requires a powered ethernet port. A powered ethernet port adapter may be required depending on your router. These can be purhased at most electronic stores or Amazon.
- Can be buried beneath ground (deep depths will limit connectivity) or mounted to poles, walls, etc.
- Connects automatically to Verdmo LoRa Gateway (purchased separately)
- Online dashboard account to be created after product delivery
- Each sensor comes with 5 feet of wire length. Extension wires are available here.
- Standard Replaceable - Supplied SAFT battery
- Rechargeable Battery (Solar) - Supplied with solar panel
- Up to 2 year battery life with non-rechargeable option, ongoing recharges with solar rechargeable option
- Waterproof with IP68 rating
- Operating Temperature: -20°C/-4°F to 80°C/176°F
- LoRa connection via Verdmo LoRa Gateway
- Up to 1mile (1.6km range in urban enviroments. Rural environments may have longer ranges.
- Basic Subscription - Limited 1 Year Warranty on all parts
- Professional Subscription - Ongoing warranty for all parts including express delivery of replacement units.
What is LoRa and why do I need a gateway?
LoRa stands for Long Range and is a low power long range wireless connection that allows Verdmo Pro to work over much further distances than WiFi or other usual wireless technologies. Because it is a different wireless technology it requires a gateway (router) in order to connect to your Verdmo Pro to your dashboard. You only need one gateway to handle all of you Verdmo Pro's as long as they are within wireless range of the gateway.
How far will my Verdmo Pro work?
Verdmo Pro uses LoRa connectivity. LoRa's range depends on the environment, urban locations will have a shorter range than rural locations. You should be able to achieve a range of at least 1mile (1.6kms) with your LoRa setup, but a much longer range is possible.
How many sensors can be connected to one Verdmo Pro?
Verdmo Pro allows you to order one unit with up to 5 separate sensors. This means you can measure soil moisture, salinity and temperature in 5 different locations. Each sensor comes with a 5 foot connection, but you can order longer connections separately here.
Why do I need to pay for a subscription?
Verdmo Pro requires a subscription so that we can continue to provide you with high quality data that will continue to improve over time. Verdmo Pro's dashboard gives you more information and more flexibility than a standard app.
Do I need to order anything else for Verdmo Pro to work?
When ordering Verdmo Pro you will need to also order a Verdmo LoRa Gateway. You will only need to order one Gateway even if you order multiple Verdmo Pro's, as long as they are within range. For example you could have five Verdmo Pro's all within range of your LoRa gateway, and you would only need one Gateway for them all to function.
What's the difference between the Basic and Pro subscription?
The Basic subscription provides you with access to your own Verdmo Pro dashboard and on going updates in the future. The Pro subscription gives you the same access, but also includes additional dashboard options, free battery replacements when required, and on going express warranty which means Verdmo will ship a replacement unit to replace any issues right away for as long as the subscription is up to date.
How many Verdmo Pro's do I need?
This depends on where you are using your Verdmo Pro's. If you are using them in a neighbourhood, then we would recommend one per location and utilizing the additional sensors that can be added when ordering to monitor different areas of the yard. If you are using it if in a large field we would recommend several Verdmo Pro's, one in each location you want to monitor because the distance between them would be further. Of course the choice is yours.
Does Verdmo Pro connect to any other services?
We will have an API available at launch and will be adding more connection options soon after. All of these will be included in your subscription fee.